View Single Post
Old 12-14-2012, 03:40 PM   #3
mcandre
Connoisseur
mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!mcandre , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kindle
I know, right?

It's frustrating how FBReader doesn't support PDFs, and Adobe Reader doesn't support ePUBs/MOBIs, so you have to use at least three mobile apps to be able to enjoy your ebook collection, unless you are a glutton for punishment and forcibly convert every file into ePUB or PDF.

File sync integration between desktop Calibre and mobile Calibre would be useful, though I prefer to keep my Calibre Library in a Dropbox folder, Dropbox has excellent mobile sync support.

I just need a mobile ereader that can view, and registers the correct mimetypes for, more than 3 ebook formats. You wouldn't believe how many comic book mobile reader apps fail to register mimetypes; when you try to open a CBR or CBZ in Astro or Dropbox, Android just sits there going "I dunno how to open this".

Last edited by mcandre; 12-14-2012 at 03:42 PM.
mcandre is offline   Reply With Quote