View Single Post
Old 10-07-2012, 05:16 PM   #18
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7hir7een View Post
My unit still has the blotches going strong. I got it early October 2nd.
Truly sorry to hear - that's a bummer

By all means, I don't pretend I understand enough about it to claim waiting will fix everybody's problems. But it did solve mine and I figured it might work for someone else. Reading the above, it seems at least some other users have experienced a similar improvement.

Granted, my screen was not great, but it wasn't the rainbow I have seen other people post pics of either.

I don't know if this is factory burn-in, or some other external factor. As I mentioned, my PW was left out on the porch on a cold, rainy day by a UPS guy that deserves flogging.
But the glue explanation makes sense. I have seen that happen on an iPad before, as others mentioned.

What is clear is that the ebook manufacturers need to step up the quality control. I recently set on a plane next to a guy that had a KT and his screen was SOOOO much better than the screen on my KT... it was hard to believe it was the same device. His background was so much whiter, it was depressing.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote