Thread: PRS-650 Back Lighting
View Single Post
Old 06-15-2012, 10:37 PM   #2
vxf
Guru
vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vxf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 350, 900, 950; Kindles (ALL of them!); Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx-lynx View Post
Anyone know if the 650 has screen back lighting?

And, if it has - can it be manipulated, and how?

I find the 650 just too dim and don't use it as much as I could for a couple of reasons, one of which is that I find it too dark (preferring my Blackberry Playbook).

I've got the jacket with the light, but don't find that light much help in either of its settings, and also it creates glare on a lot of the angles where it hits the screen.

(I've done a 'search' of these threads and couldn't find if this topic has been mentioned before. If it has, could someone link me in the right direction please.)
No eink device has back-lighting - and the PRS650 is no exception. A handful of devices are being released with 'glow' lights (search for the nook glow for info, if you are curious) and SONY experimented with something similar in the past. But no, eink and back-lighting don't go together, given the current state of the technology.
vxf is offline   Reply With Quote