View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #675
dracodoc
Connoisseur
dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.dracodoc has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle DXG, Sony T1
I thought how the emulator or kpv works should be irrelevant with screen resolution, i.e. the changes made for kpv with emulator running in 600x800 should also work for DX. So this is not the case? Even if the emulator have to run for some device target, why can't we just emulate the DX for keys, but with a different resolution?
For example, create a virtual device named DX_small, which is identical to DX except the resolution is 600x800. I think this could work since the resolution number should not be hard coded everywhere.

Panning with virtual space seemed a unneeded effort to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigran View Post
I was going to mention this point, but the solution (if one really wants to run emulator in DX mode) is to go to your Monitor Settings and enable panning with vertical dimension big enough --- this solves the problem. For example, my monitor's physical resolution is 1920x1200 but virtual resolution is 1920x1600, so I can run DX emulator. (this was "mission critical" when I was changing kpdfview's menu shortcuts for DX and the ones I actually _needed_ to see were off the bottom of the screen, so I had no choice but to find a solution
dracodoc is offline   Reply With Quote