View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 01:13 PM   #236
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Yeah, my understanding is that the book needs to be dragged and dropped within ADE, at least with Library books. I would presume that the home network wouldn't be visible to ADE, but you shouldn't have to wait til the next book your wife borrows.

I'm not sure how the drm thing works if your ADE account isn't the same on both computers. I know when I got a replacement reader recently, ADE didn't ask to authorize the new reader (with the old memory card plugged in), and I was able to access all the books on my memory card with the new reader, but was unable to drop any new books thru ADE.

I wasn't sure what was going on, so removed the "/digital editions" folder from the memory card and ereader memory. ADE then asked to authorize the new reader, a new "/digital editions" folder was created in each memory and I was able to access all books only after dragging and dropping them back on the new reader.

The preceding paragraphs are included because the following information is based on the assumption that the ADE on both computers is the same account. If not, I am not sure if you can authorize a reader to two different ADE accounts.

First, all books she has borrowed will be on the shelves in ADE, and if she hasn't clicked the menu arrow in the upper left of the book to delete it, even timed-out books will still be there. You should be able to just connect your reader to her computer, bring up ADE (assuming your reader is authorized, or that it can be authorized) and drag a book to your reader.

Second, unless you are using separate library accounts, you should just as easily be able to go into the library account from your computer and all current books should still be there available to download. In that case, you should be able to download, then drag and drop thru ADE onto your reader.

The option at your library to be able to select the timeframe for check out sure would make it easier to free up books for the next reader.

Last edited by eGeezer; 09-17-2010 at 01:42 PM. Reason: 'Cause I never say it the way I meant to on the first draft
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote