View Single Post
Old 07-03-2010, 03:24 AM   #15
larrymohr
Zealot
larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.larrymohr is faster than slow light.

Device: Samsung S6 tab, Kobo Sage, AURA One, Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jestocost View Post
... in addition to the auto-sleep-and-shutdown, there were a manual sleep mode? Say, when you quick-press the power button, the Kobo would go into sleep mode and stay in that mode (and not shut down) until brought out of it? ...
Jordan: my thanks as well for clarifying this issue. Think of the above suggestion this way. Although turning the Kobo back on is not a complicated or even lengthy process, for those of us used to just picking up our "book" and reading, it is an agravation that is oddly out of proportion to the cause. From my reading of various posts here and on the Kobo forums, there are many people who feel this way.

If the sleep mode had a manual version where, when it was entered by the user pressing the power button, the sleep mode would continue and there was no automatic power off, you would be saving some battery power since you would "sleep" your Kobo when you put it down, and not have it idle at reading power for the 15 minutes it takes to go to sleep. I think most of us could get used to sending the Kobo to sleep when we put it down the same way you put a bookmark in a paper book.

The way I look at it is this:
-if I send it to sleep, leave it sleeping until I wake it or turn it off.
-if it falls asleep, then it is OK to power it off if I don't come back in time.

Larry Mohr in Surrey, B.C.

Last edited by larrymohr; 07-03-2010 at 03:31 AM. Reason: fix quote
larrymohr is offline   Reply With Quote