View Single Post
Old 08-27-2013, 01:38 PM   #22
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
Is it?
I don't deny it is trivially easy.
(And, of course, in certain countries "piracy" is part of the mainstream culture.)

But, is *ebook* "piracy" really that prevalent in the countries mounting these internal dragnets?

Just asking, you know.
Some actual proof, instead of vague assertions from self-interested parties (on both ends) would be nice.
Easy enough to find the proof. I am sure you could do it. I was curious so I looked at a site and was astonished at the number of Dutch (NL) books available. My understanding was that there were not that many Dutch ebooks published.

And the majority seemed to be recent. It is almost as if the threat implied has been taken as a dare and the Dutch people are uploading anything they can.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote