Thread: Kobo Bug thread
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2013, 03:48 PM   #77
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ælfstangard View Post
Product: Kobo Aura:
Firmware: N204B34305258:
Plugins: Don't know:
File types: WPD & EPUB:
Sideloaded:
On external SD: Yes:
Steps to reproduce:
  1. [* When trying to convert a WordPerfect WPD document using the HTML to EPUB method, the text and links are rendered correctly but it all of the hard page breaks vanish so the EPUB file is just one run-on document without chapter breaks.]
    [* The same thing occurs even when I use the WPD to E-DOC utility provided by Corel in WordPerfect 6X which does essentially what I have done above: WPD > HTML > EPUB.]
Current result: No chaper or hard page breaks.:
Using OpenOffice to convert the WPD file into an ODT file then processing it into an EPUB file using Calibre works for the page breaks but all the links to chapter heading have to be redone before Calibra will create a table of contents in the EPUB.:

This is the first bug report I have ever posted here so please forgive any noobie slip-ups.
Not sure I'd call this a Kobo issue; I'd suggest asking for help in the calibre / conversion forum instead. Do take the time to read the stickys in that forum on How to ask a question about conversion problems and possibly Chapter Detection/Table of Contents Tutorial.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote