View Single Post
Old 01-24-2013, 08:08 PM   #11
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Joy, it wouldn't bother me. I think it looks nice.

Yes free, there is a hack for margins and for hyphens. See the Dev Corner forum.
The green wouldn't bother me if it's only at low lighting. All eInk are greenish you just don't notice it all the time. The pink at the corner though would drive me nuts.

Keep in mind that the lower the setting the more mottle it will start to look. This is normal and it varies by Device, font and how well the eInk looks without a light comes in to play. All the light does is illuminate the eInk display so the lower the light the more of true eInk screen underneath you will see. You shouldn't see any pink or bright green though.

Depending on the font I use this can sometimes be really annoying seeing eInk is known to change by temperature. When I first got my K4B it was gorgeous. It was also still summer temps here as winter moved in every time I tried to read the screen would look greenish/ tan till it warmed up after an hour. I use to take it out of the case and hold it in my hands to try and make it warm up faster. Now I have the PW unless I am reading on a low setting in the dark I don't notice this as much and changing fonts can help sometimes.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote