View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 05:08 AM   #5
Justin Nemo
Stercus accidit
Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Justin Nemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nookpadle 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvReadin View Post
I actually think it's becoming more important, or at least, more recognised. People are beginning to realise the value of decent editing now that they have access to so many badly edited (or unedited!_ ebooks. I've been in publishing for a good many years, most in some sort of editing capacity, and it's been very interesting over the past few years to see how many authors have written articles or blogs emphasising the importance of paying for proper editing and proofreading if self-publishing. This is reflected in the increasing number of reviews on Amazon and similar sites that mark down a book if it contains errors, not only in grammar/spelling, but in plot development (silly things such as the protagonist's eyes being green in one chapter to blue in another, or a place being at the wrong end of a country).
Thank you for that, it was very interesting, although most of the people I have seen crying out for proper editing and proofing, have been editors and proof readers.
Justin Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote