View Single Post
Old 11-06-2011, 07:58 PM   #115
RhialtoFalu
RhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enoughRhialtoFalu will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-T1
I see that in the expand-set.zip file, in the do_update.sh script, you just copy new images over some partitions of the internal flash memory. Does that mean that the filesystems in those partitions are (much) smaller than the partitions themselves? And if so, isn't there some linux command to resize them in-place? Personally I wouldn't mind having a much smaller READER partition (I put my books on a microSD card anyway). Or, alternatively, some symlinks pointing from the /system partition to "READER"? Or is that mounted too late to be able to work? Or simply swapping partitions around to make the space used for READER to be used for /system?

ETA: Maybe this is something: http://juanjosec.blogspot.com/2009/0...-eabi-arm.html ? e2fsprogs contains resize2fs, the ext[234] file system resizer. Or the trick with the loop mount perhaps. Or a null mount (-o bind, in linux terms).

Last edited by RhialtoFalu; 11-07-2011 at 07:57 AM.
RhialtoFalu is offline   Reply With Quote