View Single Post
Old 06-15-2010, 12:53 PM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Alexx,

The firmware mod you mentioned is specifically flagged as not working on the international version, which is the one you will have.

I take your point about Wikipedia. If I were you, I'd keep the wireless switched on for occasional uses like Wikipedia, and off the rest of the time. That's mainly to conserve battery. I wouldn't be too bothered about Amazon knowing what I'm reading.

In fact, I don't have the choice as I have the US version of the Kindle and am outside US Whispernet range.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote