View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 11:53 AM   #5
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellby View Post
Yes, I should give a bit more work to the cover, this one was just a quick thing.
no worries, just commenting on everything i noticed, to be complete, you understand.

Quote:
I can tell you it's not my choice at all. There is nothing in the file that forces a sans-serif font. As a matter of fact, I have a serif font configured in my Cybook, so I read this book (and all other books) with a serif font. Change the font in your mobipocket reader
heh, oops ! i almost never use mobi desktop reader, so i didn't realize i could choose the font to use. fixed now.

Quote:
1. The images being large, they usually take a whole screen (at least the portrait-oriented ones, and in the next version I plan to have landscape images rotated, anyway), so they are not so much "in line". The page before the image is half blank and sometimes the page with the image has a single line of text. This is with a 600x800 screen.
yes, i suspected that was probably (at least partly) the reason. although, i still would prefer to have the images full-size, even if they do take up the entire screen and create short pages. but that is my personal preference. i was mostly curious about your reasoning.
Quote:
2. With the current version of mobiperl (what I use to create mobipocket files), if an image is referenced multiple times, it gets included in the mobi file also multiple times. So including the full-size image in line with every language version would make the file huge. Including the whole set of thumbnails multiple times is much more acceptable.
now *that* is the most idiotic thing i've ever heard. i can't believe they cannot just include the image once, and then display the same file wherever it is linked, like in html. but okay, since this is the case, i can understand why you would choose to include thumbnails, otherwise this book will take up the entire internal memory when you load it onto your liseuse ! (yet another reason to prefer epub. )
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote