View Single Post
Old 01-03-2013, 11:58 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
Harry, does the PW sort the book currently being read to the top of the list?
It depends what sort order you use. In "Recent" sort order, yes, it does. But that's not an issue for me, because I only read one book at a time, and the Kindle simply start up on the page I was reading. To be honest the only time I go back to the home page is between books. If you were reading several books at a time, though, then "Recent" sort order would probably work well for you.

Quote:
If you're reading a series that starts with L, for example, do you have to page half way through your 500+ books to find the next book in the series?
I use "Author" sort mode on the home page, so to go (for example) to my Agatha Christie books, I just tap the page indicator at the bottom right to bring up the search page, and enter "ch", then "Go", to go straight to the authors starting with "ch" in the list. That takes me to the start of my Agatha Christie books, within which they're all sorted by series using the plugboard prefix. Eg

Miss Marple 01 - The Murder at the Vicarage
Miss Marple 02 - The Thirteen Problems
Poirot 01 - The Mysterious Affair at Styles
etc.

In both "Author" and "Title" sort mode, you can do this to go directly to any point in the list.

It works well for me, although obviously different things suit different people.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote