View Single Post
Old 12-09-2012, 06:42 PM   #13
Tony1988
Guru
Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tony1988 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartyTX View Post
According to a 12/9/2012 AP article, tablet sales are sizzling this holiday season.
Not too surprising. Seems like every few years or so there is a new tech item that everyone wants and its the hot item for a few years runnig. Laptops, DVD players, Digital cameras, Blu ray players, HD tvs, Mp3 players, smartphones, now tablets etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaKing View Post
Most people never needed a computer. They only wanted a Television that worked on the Internet so they could look at stuff.

A computer would do that, but a tablet will too and is cheaper and much more convenient.

The final step from a computer and its keyboard was when people started texting on their phones, and it was just another step and in fact easier to text on a tablet. So the keyboard is not necessary any more for most people, therefore the tablet now has taken over 2/3s of the computer market.
I agree many people never needed a computer to start with. They just got them because of the internet. (which exploded in 1996) I just bought myself a desktop in July. Never considered replacing my old desktop with a tablet (or even a laptop) because I got more bang for my buck with the desktop. Tablets and laptops are always steps behind desktops in whats current with computing technology. Desktop computers are becoming what they once were....a niche market, mostly for nerdy geeks types. They are mostly the ones who want the ultimate power of a desktop.

I may consider a tablet in the future for some couch surfing. Other than that they wont replace my desktop.
Tony1988 is offline   Reply With Quote