View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #4
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihor View Post
Dear twobob,

I am also a developer like you, but I don't develop for Kindle.

I searched for a lot of threads on this forum - everything was "how to change the fonts". But I don't want to change the fonts - I want to change the proposed font sizes. This is a different thing.

Also I asked on Amazon forum - noone replied precisely. Everybody is telling me things like you - "google it", "search on forums" - etc.

But there are no answer.

So, the question is: where is that config file with font sizes?

Can anyone tell me, did they (Amazon developers) hardcode the values list, or they made a config? If second, what's the name of the file?
I can only speak for the Kindle Touch here (I don't have a DX). On the K5, most of these settings are found in resource files. The font sizes are defined inside com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader.resources.ReaderRe sources, like so:
Code:
"font.menu.size.list", new int[][] {
                    new int[] {
                        17, 19, 21, 25, 31, 36, 60, 86
                    }
                }
(this is straight from the decompiled sources).

As said, I can only speculate, but I assume that this is similar on the DX. If so, then it's possible to override that setting *without* having to modify the original files, by simply creating a new ResourceBundle named, for instance, com.amazon.ebook.booklet.reader.resources.ReaderRe sources_en_US, which would contain your modified settings, then jarring it up and putting it into the path where the system jars are. This method works because of the way that ResourceBundles are looked up in Java; if in doubt, ask your favorite search engine about ResourceBundles and localization...

Technically, this is something that I would describe as "hardcoded, but easily changed".
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote