View Single Post
Old 03-23-2012, 05:04 PM   #5
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
It will work without a SIM. But you will have to put it in Flight Mode, otherwise the radio remains ON and will drain your battery.
While in flight mode, you can toggle WiFi, BT and GPS on and off with a Widget or via the Settings menu.
You could also put an old SIM if you prefer, one without service and keep it in flight mode, there is really no difference.
No old SIM here. Flight Mode shouldn't bother me, I keep WiFi off on my Galaxy Player unless I'm using or needing WiFi.

I did find one site that said I might not be able to upgrade the software if it didn't have a SIM card in, but I guess I could live with Android 2.3 OK. I also found a site that said some kind of internet access is needed to use the GPS. That surprised me, my Galaxy Player can do GPS without any connection, I use it to track outdoor walks. So I don't know if that will be possible with the Note, but I suppose I can keep the Player for that purpose if necessary.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote