Thread: Ebook or Pbook?
View Single Post
Old 03-14-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
Muckraker
Connoisseur
Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Muckraker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
My intention when I started my publishing company last year was to digitize material and make it available in eBook formats. I probably would have petered out by now if I had stuck to that plan.

As a micro-publisher, there is still a lot to be said for just having something to hold. Publishing in paper format also typically requires--and shows off--a more varied skill-set than publishing in eBook formats.

My opinion is that any publishers doing one should also do the other. There's no reason to limit availability when you already have the digital material to work with and when the investment is nonexistent or nominal.

I've done 18 books since I started my company and I have to say that the print editions sell just as well as the ebooks do. I doubt that every print sale would have converted to an eBook sale if the print edition did not exist.
Muckraker is offline   Reply With Quote