View Single Post
Old 04-28-2011, 01:49 PM   #9
JDK1962
Groupie
JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JDK1962 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (for PDFs)
Jude the Obscure (Hardy). Finished it, but it's one of those books that was (to me at least) so damn depressing that you want to lock the firearms away for a few days till you get over it.

A Theft (Bellow). Maybe I wasn't in the right mood for this one. I quit after about 35 pages of what appeared to me to be nothing more than Bellow being in love with the sound of his own voice. If there was a plot in the offing, he had certainly beaten it into submission up to the point where I quit.

I remember really hating Jane Eyre when I was forced to read it at school, when I was around 13-14. To be fair, I should revisit it, since it has prejudiced me against anything with "Bronte" on the cover ever since.
JDK1962 is offline   Reply With Quote