View Single Post
Old 05-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #1
rainbowgryphon
Reading Over the Rainbow
rainbowgryphon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Screen check in sunlight

Hello!

I've been following the massively helpful discussions all over these boards for quite some time now and have finally narrowed it down to the Onyx Boox/BeBook Neo. I must have considered nearly all models going for $340 or less and keep coming back to this one.

However, I'm concerned about the screen issue that's been reported on a number different devices, including some of these models. I'm talking about the screen fading in sunlight. I was reading about this here and on the BooxUsers forums. My understanding is that this is not normal and is probably due to some defective screens in certain units.

There's some indication on the BooxUsers forums that Onyx became aware of this and the delayed shipment was due to them checking each unit in the replacement shipment for this problem. (I should mention that I didn't see a specific notation that it was the screen issue, just that they were checking each unit to make sure it didn't have a defect, but it seems the most logical conclusion.)

I know some users who were waiting finally had theirs shipped recently. I'm hoping these new Boox users would be willing to check their new units for this problem and post here to let us potential buyers know if it indeed seems to have been cleared up. $330 is a serious investment for me, so I'm hesitant to order right now until I'm sure this problem has been solved.

People on this forum have been incredibly generous and helpful, and I wanted to express my gratitude to everyone in general for their time and effort in helping us all.

Rainbow

Last edited by rainbowgryphon; 05-09-2010 at 06:09 PM.
rainbowgryphon is offline   Reply With Quote