View Single Post
Old 09-20-2009, 01:03 AM   #8
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
In many ways this is a twist on the old "You are what you eat" line. You are (or become) what you read. To that end I read a lot of books that make me uncomfortable or present a new way of looking at something I thought I already knew -- books that have a different point-of-view than I have. Some I love for their logic and reason, Voltaire is a great example. Some for their insight such as City of God. Some refresh and enrich me such as Mark Twain's work. Others are are great literature (too many to name.) Then sometimes I just like a good story such as Haggard or Conan Doyle.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote