Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2013, 03:28 AM   #148
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
I don't know if it's the way you've phrased it but I feel less confident now.
When you said previously that Kobo had acknowledged a problem (perhaps as a result off the complaints in this forum), the inference was they were aware of the cause and were in the process of patching to resolve it. From the manner they are working with you, it now sounds like they are casting about for a solution which of course infers that the true cause remains a mystery.

There's another ramification: are they currently working to resolve YOUR problem as a result of posting a fault in the Kobo forums? Or have they mentioned that this is a preliminary stage for fixing the problems of a wider audience?
I'm very sorry to have given you the wrong idea. I don't think I ever stated they were solving the problem... What I said was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
GOOD NEWS

Sameer has stated our battery life problems are unlikely to be caused by the battery.

Kobo is looking into it.
So they've acknowledged there is a problem, and and what I meant with "they're looking into it" was merely that they are trying to reproduce, and thinking of possible causes to try out. I asked them if there was any specific usage they would like me to test, which is why they gave me a few things to try.

I doubt they're working on my problem specifically, as it's really a problem in sleep mode. And if it were only my problem, I'd just have a bad battery.

I do trust Kobo will solve the problem eventually and somehow. Either by finding the culprit and fixing it, or by changing hardware... Sorry I gave your trust a hit.

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 03-06-2013 at 07:19 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote