View Single Post
Old 02-26-2013, 08:41 PM   #10
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkus View Post
It might be wise to add Vendor ID to the list, as there could be different firmware for different vendors (mine is: 2237)
If there is a different vendor ID in use, nobody is using calibre with it. The driver only has 0x2237.

And just to be explicit about what the driver is looking for:

Code:
VENDOR_ID   = [0x2237]
GLO_PRODUCT_ID   = [0x4173]
MINI_PRODUCT_ID  = [0x4183]
TOUCH_PRODUCT_ID = [0x4163]
PRODUCT_ID = GLO_PRODUCT_ID + MINI_PRODUCT_ID + TOUCH_PRODUCT_ID
BCD        = [0x0110, 0x0326]
That is from updates I am working on. The current driver has the product ids in one list. The BCD is what is seen as the "rev id" elsewhere.

Quote:

Not sure if this is of any use either, but rev is 326, and version, as seen via Desktop app is 2.4.0, unsure if there is any correlation between these in relation to firmware being used.
I always thought these ids where set in the hardware. But, I suppose they could be changed by the firmware. But, it is the id that is most likely to correlate to whether the Touch uses the same firmware package as the Glo, or the Touch specific version.

My details:

1. I use the Touch firmware
2. PID: 4163
3. rev: 326
4 Model: N905
5. SN: KG319xxxxxxxxB
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote