View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 04:29 PM   #1185
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by l_macd View Post
I've been reading some complaints in the Kobo forum about book recommendations taking up too much of the screen, people being fed up with social integration tools, what amounts to ad-ware on their Kobo etc (and also issues with unresponsive taps & double page-turns). Are you using the latest firmware (1.9.16 I think), and is none of this an issue as far as you are concerned?
I'm using the latest firmware 1.9.16.
I don't have any of these issues on Kobo touch.

The only issue I have for now: About half of my Mobipocket files (DRM-stripped original .prc files) won't open. Even with the Mobipocket files that are working, the first opening of a book takes quite some time, maybe 15 seconds.
No biggy to me. Originally I hadn't even thought about Mobipocket files. But then I decided to buy 2 Kobo readers. One (white) for the original Kobo files from the Kobo store. The other one (black) only for side loaded content. I've tried some of my DRM-stripped PDFs, all working perfectly. Then I've tried DRM-stripped EPUBs, flawless as well.

Over all, Kobo is highly responsive. But I don't have any problems with responsiveness on Sony touch either. I'll compare to nook and Kindle tomorrow, when I get them.

Last edited by mgmueller; 03-11-2012 at 04:34 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote