View Single Post
Old 12-14-2010, 08:14 PM   #11
KryptoNyte
Shepherd
KryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enoughKryptoNyte will become famous soon enough

Device: Nook Color, LG Optimus V
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasoraso View Post
Yes, there now some steps, or even a script that performs the steps for you to get google market and accounts working on the Nook. See Nookdev or xda-developers for the steps.

Once you have the Market working, Gmail will be installed and working too.

The google Calendar app can then be installed (actually it is 2 apks). I have successfully done this after extracting the calendars apps from the updated CM_5.0.8 file here
http://thekilpatrickproject.com/down...torola/sholes/

I had to ADB push them to the /system/app directory (after enabling R/W access). This step was pretty easy after doing it earlier to enable Market access.
Thank you so much for this. Worked perfectly.

I browsed to the website you mentioned, downloaded "update-cm-5.0.8-Droid-signed.zip", unzipped "Calendar.apk" and "CalendarProvider.apk" to my
"C:\android-sdk-windows\platform-tools" directory.

Then I opened an elevated command prompt, navigated the dos prompt to the platform tools directory, and typed (without the quotes):

"adb install calendarprovider.apk" <hit enter key>

and then again for:

"adb install calendar.apk" <hit enter key>

What a treat!
KryptoNyte is offline   Reply With Quote