View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #28
eGeezer
NE1 seen my glasses?
eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.eGeezer is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: Nook Glowlight (following previous nook STR and STR w/GL)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedavis1 View Post
If you find a really good pback book, you want to share it with everyone you know that reads... That is how favorite authors become more popular... almost always by word of mouth/lending of books... This is just dumb...
The light over my head was so bright, it burned out my monitor nd I had to wait til this morning to replace it so I could reply.

My brother wanders down from the Alaska wilderness every few years and brings me a box of books he's finished. That's not a unique story, of course (well, maybe the "wilderness" embellishment), but last time he was down, in the box was a book by an author I had never read. When I finished that book, I went out and scrounged thru every used bookstore for a month until I had all 15 of his books so I could read them in order.

Yer absolutely right. It never occurred to me how many times a loaned book has resulted in my purchasing multiple books from a new-found author.

Lest we all observe that those books were all bought used, once I finish a batch of "new-author" used books, I always buy the next p-back new. And sometimes my wife buys me the hardbound for Christmas or birthday. I was also recently introduced to another author. I purchased probably 20 of his books from BN because apparently other folk like him, too, and hoard his books (the horror).

Loaning (and selling used) is good for new book business, so, yeah. If yer reading these threads, publishers, take note: "1 book 1 loan forever" just won't fly. Make it 5 times, and you'll see BN's competition scrambling instead of yawning.

And e-loaning is better because... let's see a show of hands from those who loaned out a book and haven't seen it since?

Last edited by eGeezer; 10-23-2009 at 12:08 PM. Reason: clear up some muddy water in my dissertation
eGeezer is offline   Reply With Quote