View Single Post
Old 10-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #1
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Lots of free ebooks from Baen available.

I'm going to be buying lots of webscriptions next week. From May 2009 through to March 2010. That's eleven months of webscriptions.

And for every month I buy, I can give a gift copy of the ebooks for that month to someone who is new to webscriptions.

"What are webscriptions?" I hear the new readers cry. Well, they're a bundle of ebooks from Baen Books. Baen produce six to seven books per months. (Usually a couple of hardbacks, a couple of trade paperbacks, and two to three mass market paperback.) The books are also made available as a bundle of ebooks for $15. Yes, really - four newly released books and two or three backlist books for just $15.

The ebooks come in multiple formats, and with no DRM to cause any problems. They work well with Kindles, Sonys, BeBook, CyBook, Pocket Pro - pretty much any reader can read one of the formats. And if you have a weird ebook reader where you need to do the conversion yourself, they also come in RTF and HTML.

So - how can you get one of the gift bundles? Simple. Just send me a private message with your email address, and tell me which month you'd like. If you don't care which month you get, you'll get one at random.

You can see which books are/will be available by going to http://www.webscription.net/c-3-webscriptions.aspx and looking at the 2009 and 2010 webscriptions. All the released books have sample chapters up, so you can even browse to see what catches your fancy.

BUT, do not register your email at the site until you've received your gift webscription - I can only send gift months to people who haven't already registered at webscription.net.

If I get more than eleven takers, it'll be on a first-come, first-served, but I'll try to pass on email addresses in a chain as I did last time I offered gift webscriptions. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42638

SO - if you'd like some free SF/Fantasy ebooks from Baen, send me a private message with your email address, and tell me which month you'd like.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote