View Single Post
Old 03-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #12
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebop View Post
Version 2.3.1 still sets the default dictionary to "always english". Even when I specifically remove the english dictionary and reset the device operating language to something else (then it says "You don't have an english dictionary installed", and I'm like "yeah, I know, I specifically removed it to try to prevent you from going to it"
The default dictionary (always a definition dictionary) depends on the books language, rather than the user language. It is however different with translation dictionaries. There the default dictionary should of course be "book's language" > "user language" (provided the book's language is not the same as the user language, in which case there cannot be a translation dictionary). However, when I checked this the last time (maybe under FW 2.3.0/2.3.1) this did not work for all languages if I remember correctly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
with the firmware 2.3.1 the problem of the default dictionary was solved, the glo "remebered" that I want the default dictionary to be english-portuguese, so this trick was no longer needes for that firmware, since I went back for the 2.1.5 I still use this.
I hope that with the new firmware 2.4.0 it still "remembers"
How did you tell the glo that you want the default dictionary to be english-portuguese?

Last edited by tshering; 03-20-2013 at 03:53 PM.
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote