View Single Post
Old 12-06-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
mwerle
Micha
mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.mwerle could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lalilulelo View Post
I wonder if you can run Adobe thru Wine? (would be too much trouble & beats the purpose of a wifi ereader)
Some people have reported some success with this but I haven't tried it myself (no time). Apart from the Adobe software you also have to install a whole bunch of other Microsoft malarky.
There's also the issue that apparently every time Wine is updated, Adobe thinks the computer got reinstalled and it counts against your device limit, with no (easy) way to delete the old 'devices', so you quickly run out of the 6 device limit.

The best suggestions so far is to make a Virtual Machine specifically to buy eBooks which will never get updated.

And I fully agree with your last sentence!! That's why I started this thread - to see if anybody has had any success with buying directly from the device.

Cheers,
- Micha.
mwerle is offline   Reply With Quote