View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
branchedout
branchedout began at the beginning.

Device: Soon-to-be K3
What can I read me some comics on? eink or non.

K. A few weeks ago, I was three clicks short of preordering a Kindle3. But, I didn't have funds.

Now, funds are coming up, but I may get something other than a Kindle!

I mainly want something portable to read these Japanese comics. I like 'em. And there's lots of freebies out there.

But, I'm not restricted to e-ink. I'm only 20, so my eyes haven't started rebelling against me yet. And I'm going into computers, so I'll be looking at LCD for a very long time.

And, I read myself a comic on my LCD screen (turned verticle) at my desk for 5 hours straight, and had no ill effects. So, LCD screens aren't too bad for me.

But, what DOES turn me off to LCD screen devices... Is the battery life! The screen on an LCD on for 5 hours wipes out probably 75-90% of the battery life of a GOOD device.

Also, I'd like a larger screen than 4.3 inches. I had a Nokia N800. I liked readin' the comics on it.. Ish. The screen was small and semi-hard to read. I was hoping to find a device at least 6 inches like the kindle, or possibly bigger due to LCD screens not costing as much as e-ink.

I know that there's the Archos Home tablet 7. It's on my list of possibilities, but for $185 I do expect a bit more (I'm mainly pointing fingers at Android 1.5)

And, I'd like to know what's out now. There's always something coming next year. I'd like to see my immediate possibilities.

Thank you all for reading all this!

Edit: I'd reckon that saying my budget is $200 USD would be helpful!

Last edited by branchedout; 09-15-2010 at 03:34 PM.
branchedout is offline   Reply With Quote