View Single Post
Old 03-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #88
ebusinesstutor
Star Gawker
ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ebusinesstutor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
As a Canadian who regularly travels to the US, the seizure of electronic devices is of definite concern to me.

I work from my laptop, but would never take it on a US trip. We have a basic netbook with minimal info on it that we would take.

I would like to take my Galaxy Note smart phone for maps, calling, email, research, etc. but am nervous that it could be confiscated if some border agent is having bad day. Not worried about the ebook reader as they are inexpensive and easily replaced.

I understand seizing them when there is reasonable suspicion makes sense. But "suspicionless" seizing sounds like fishing expeditions and an abuse of power.

It is hard to attract tourists when there is this kind of draconian rules in place.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote