Thread: eips 5.1.0
View Single Post
Old 05-14-2012, 11:29 AM   #25
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
@silver18

Short answer: you can't. WAF can only interact with the system in a very limited way (through the predefined lipc "interfaces"). But it won't let you send arbitrary lipc commands or execute arbitrary shell commands. That makes sense, because it would be a huge security hole. And now let's have this thread get back on topic - I think it was about eips
Sorry to hijack this 3d again....
I'm here to report what I found!
You can change a WAF config.xml file to add new lines to the messaging part.
If you change it this way:

Code:
<kindle:messaging>
       	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.pillow" value="yes"/>
	<kindle:app name="com.lab126.system" value="yes"/>
</kindle:messaging>
Than you can add this javascript command:
Code:
kindle.messaging.sendMessage('com.lab126.system', 'takeScreenShot', '1');
to take a screenshot from inside a WAF.
This means WAFs can send every lipc message as listed with:
Code:
lipc-probe -a

Last edited by silver18; 05-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote