View Single Post
Old 02-26-2009, 02:39 PM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
I suspect that when you tansfer them with Mobipocket, Mobipocket is creating a new file with the PID included, rather than just copying.

You can test this.

1. Transfer a file to CyBook using Mobipocket Reader
2. Manually copy back to your PC from the CyBook
3. Manually delete from the CyBook
4. Import the file into Calibre
5. Transfer to the CyBook from calibre.

I think that this will work. We've had people having problems with protected Mobipocket files that have not yet had a PID included, and I this is probably a similar problem .

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post
Hi guys, many thanks for your replies. When I try to access an ebook on my cybook it actually displays the PID that I need to add. It just seems that I am not able to read these books (that I have paid for and have a drm pid for) if I transfer them with Calibre. If I transfer them with Mobipocket reader, all is fine.

I think I will look into removing the DRM as a way around this. This is the stupidity of it all. I always buy my ebook in support of the author etc but this bloody DRM is so restrictive and doesn't allow the honest user to do what they would actually like to do with their legitimately bought book

The sooner this madness stops the better. Even bloody iTunes has grasped the idea

Anyway, rant over and thanks for you help guys
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote