View Single Post
Old 10-24-2012, 02:08 PM   #91
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
Yes, the GT 7.7 is a much better direct comparison to the iPad mini. Thanks for sharing.
I've changed my comment about width: I've noticed that due to the narrower bezel the iPad is only a whisker wider than the Tab 7.7.

What I find interesting about this comparison is that the prices are quite close. It suggests that with this build quality Apple could perhaps have brought the 16 GB wifi mini in at $299, but maybe not way down nearer the 7" devices. The screen is presumably one of the costlier components, and the metal body I suppose is more expensive than plastic.

Edit: I've also moved the price to be a winner for the iPad mini as further investigation shows that you need to shop around to get the Tab for £259 in the UK, and currently the main stores have it as significantly more expensive than the iPad mini.

Graham

Last edited by Graham; 10-24-2012 at 02:50 PM. Reason: more research on Tab 7.7 price in the UK.
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote