Old 11-09-2010, 12:00 PM   #22
JakesFriend
Jakes Friend
JakesFriend began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite1
I had the same thought(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookworm_Girl View Post
JakesFriend, I just had a random thought. Could you make copies of your songs (or make a safe backup of the originals) and edit the metadata to "fake" them into being a single album? A bit of effort but maybe a workaround?
I had the same thought, and made a small stab at it. I ripped a CD to my computer to get music files whose metadata was uniform, then imported the files into my Reader. As expected, the Reader made one album with all songs within it.
Next, I deleted that music from the Reader, dragged a song from an entirely different album into the ripped music, then re-imported the files. The Reader did not include the extra song with the album (it placed it at the album level by itself), so there's no quick way to fake out the album metadata.
I long ago removed my metadata editor, and am not certain I want to get another -- just because this small problem seems to be getting larger!
And if it works (as I think it will), this means I would need to do this for any and all music I load on my Reader in the future if I want to play all songs.
So it seems Sony only went half-way with its album-song set up.
JakesFriend is offline   Reply With Quote