View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 04:08 PM   #1
Viseguy
Just a kid from Bklyn
Viseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura aboutViseguy has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 3 Wi-Fi; Samsung Galaxy Tab 7
Wi-Fi at B&N store

B&N's website says:
Quote:
We have always wanted our stores to feel like home—a place where people can relax, explore and connect with ideas and each other at their leisure. So it is only natural that, in today's world, we want our customers to enjoy complimentary Wi-Fi. You can explore the world the way you always have at Barnes & Noble with the technology that connects us to the world today.
Today I was in a B&N store and connected to the AT&T Wi-Fi using my Kindle. Every time I tried to enter a URL into the browser, I got redirected to the B&N home page.

While I admit it would be gauche to use a Kindle to buy books from Amazon while browsing the shelves of a B&N store, I wasn't trying to do that; I was trying to read the news (while sipping a chai latte that I'd bought at the store's cafe). Also, it seems rather pointless to attempt to screen Kindles -- IF that's what they're doing -- since I could just as easily buy a book from Amazon while in the store using my netbook or other wireless device (unless they're blocking Amazon on all devices).

Anyway ... Your experiences? Your thoughts?
Viseguy is offline   Reply With Quote