View Single Post
Old 08-13-2007, 01:54 PM   #1
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Upcoming App Releases for 2.11

I wanted to let you guys know what I'm working on for the 2.11 release. According to iRex, everyone with shell access will be able to unbrick after downloading 2.11. This means that software that modifies the root file system will no longer be off limits. I've finished packaging the following programs. I'm waiting until 2.11 is released before I'll post links. If anyone who has unbricking support installed would like them sooner, PM me and I'll send you a link to the download.
  • FBReader Registry Hack. - Allows launching supported books in FBReader directly from the contentlister.
  • AbiWord easy installer. Word Processor compatible with Microsoft Word and RTF. Packaged with AbiWord Registry Hack
  • Gnumeric Easy Installer - Spreadsheet program compatible with Excel files. Packaged with Registry hack

I'll take a look at some other apps I've ported in the past to make an easy installer for. I could probably get gpe calendar/contacts/todo working without too much trouble.

Does anyone else have something they'd like packaged as an easy installer (like FBReader)? Any registry hack requests?
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote