View Single Post
Old 11-13-2010, 02:20 PM   #2
Lady Fitzgerald
Wizard
Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Fitzgerald ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: JetBook Lite (away from home) + 1 spare, 32" TV (at home)
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizilla View Post
One of the things I would like to do with my Sony PRS650 is carry the factory shop manual for my motorcycle, when I'm traveling. I always buy the paper manuals and probably always will, since it's convenient to have them in the garage. But if I'm a thousand miles from home and have mechanical trouble, it would be nice to be able to just call it up on the reader even though it would likely not be the easiest format to view it in.

I doubt there is a legal source for electronic copies anywhere, but if anyone knows of such sites please speak up. The other alternatives are to scan it myself, or to, um, informally acquire a scanned copy from somewhere if I can find one.

Anyone have advice on this topic? Does anyone here view vehicle repair manuals on their reader? I don't have a scanner, so if I have to scan it myself what should I look for to buy or borrow?
You might be able to find a PDF version of your manual online. I've found them for my electronics and, although viewing on an e-book reader is less than ideal, it beats having to lug around a bunch of paper manuals.
Lady Fitzgerald is offline   Reply With Quote