View Single Post
Old 12-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Well, I think some kind of DRM is OK. I don't like it, but as lng as it's fast and easy to use I don't really cae.
What I don't like is the direct device-bonding stuff and the internet activation routines that require you to register with half a dozen websites just to be able to use something you just bought.
I think no ebook reader will survive without DRM, but it will have to be supplied with enough titles at low enough prices to make it attractive. Look at iTunes. A subscription For 10€ a month would also be ok...but no more than that.
Until then...well...we all have our sources I guess and although I feel a bit guilty, there is little I can do about it at the moment.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote