View Single Post
Old 12-29-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
rlauzon
Wizard
rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.rlauzon put the bomp in the bomp-a-bomp-a-bomp.

Device: PocketBook Era
Quote:
Originally Posted by markiehill
agree with the mobipocket comment around closed format, but hey they are the only people that i have ever bought a DRM product from
If it has DRM on it, you didn't buy it. You leased it. You should have no expectation that you would be able to read any such content beyond the device you initially put it on - since that's all the DRM-providing company promised when you licensed (not purchased) the content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by markiehill
The point of this post was to stoke a bit of debate on this subject, i have been dying for a device like the illiad to succeed. (putting my money where my mouth is like others here).
I understand, but asking for support for closed, proprietary formats is not the way to succeed (look at the first Sony eInk reader as well as the failure of all the other proprietary eBook readers).

If you paid money to license DRM content, your expectation should be that you will need to re-pay for that content for the next device you get. Any higher expectation is unrealistic.
rlauzon is offline   Reply With Quote