View Single Post
Old 02-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #41
LuvReadin
Addict
LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuvReadin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T1 and Cool-ER
Quote:
Originally Posted by geenp View Post
I don't like how the built in store on the Sony won't be accessible in Australia and the glossy bezel bothers me. I don't have hands on experience so I'll see if I can get to use one first. Thanks for the suggestion
Shouldn't matter - you don't have to buy ebooks from the reader's own store (with the caveats Profcrash mentions). I found the bezel annoying too, and bought a case specifically to cover it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by geenp View Post
Yes, the Kindle 4 ships here and it is sold in brick and mortar shops but I am reluctant to get one after seeing how easy stuff like the dictionary and notes is on the touch models, especially when compared to the Kindle Touch. If I did get a Kindle it would be the Touch or maaaybe the Kindle 3 for the keyboard.
Plus you may not be able to access certain services, such as your public library (don't know how Australia's fixed for this), so it's worth checking that whichever one you pick will do everything you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Are you sure, John F? It's not a standard mini-USB connection. I've never seen it before, and neither had the guy in the shop where i was checking out the Kobo (and they sell phones, tablets and laptops as well, so I'd think he'd have experience in the matter), plus I haven't been able to find anywhere here in Australia that sells that kind of cable. So my concern is still that it's non-standard, PLUS no-one accessible from here seems to sell additional cables of this type - including Kobo itself.
I hadn't seen the one my T1 uses before either, but I found it very easily on eBay, although the first one I bought (a multi-cable sort of Hydra thing that is a transfer rather than just a charging cable) can charge, but can't transfer books, although it works fine with my other ereader. Once you find out for definite what type it is, it should be easy enough to replace.
This site claims to sell compatible cables: http://shop.retrevo.com/m/a70/kobo-t...sories/f109866

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bookpossum View Post
I know what you mean. We have a little box sitting on the desk which contains connectors for our e-readers (Kobo and Sony), our cameras, my mobile phone (not the charger, but the one for putting photographs etc on it), the GPS for the car (Tom Tom) and probably a couple of other things as well. It's amazing how every single thing seems to have a slightly different connection slot.
That's why I bought a couple of these Hydra things - cut down the clutter immensely!

Last edited by LuvReadin; 02-20-2012 at 07:36 AM. Reason: my rubbish formatting!
LuvReadin is offline   Reply With Quote