View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 10:29 AM   #30
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
I'm not so convinced that the Amazon hardware will be anything news breaking in product development. But again, Amazon has already established the Android App market which they've been marketing with the free apps of the day, they have mp3 and video downloads available too, and then they have the Kindle books. Barnes and Noble is nowhere near being able to offer that much content and then you have the issue of the everyday user whose eyes will go glassy at the suggestion they root their nook colors. Most people want to turn on and use - not fiddle. The only other vendor right now offering that much is Apple with their line-up of iTouch/iPod/iPad.

Yes, a good portion of that is "me too." That doesn't mean it won't be profitable for them.

Barnes and noble is better spent cultivating the Nook color as the best LCD ereader possibly. Maybe allowing for full Android Marketplace.

but your right Amazon on the other hand has it all and IMHO a much better ecosystem than iTunes. Their MP3 store is amazing, I love their VOD. In fact since Amazon offers Apps for their Video On Demand on TV's, Roku's, blue ray players, this really does give them a nice systeme already in place.

I think Amazon would be out of their minds to only do a nook color clone and Not do a full blown tablet that can intergrate your phone, TV devices etc.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote