View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #1
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
Couple of Nook Color Questions

I have a couple of questions I haven't seen addressed (might have just missed them)

1) Has B&N dicussed battery replacement? I know it'll last a few years, but have they mentioned how expensive it will be to replace? Will you have to send it in? I guess we'll get an idea shortly when teardown videos hit if it may prove user replaceable (unofficially) after all.

2) Concerning the e-ink Nook rooting/bricking issue from this summer. Did B&N purposely change the device so this would happen or was it a side effect of changes made for other purposes? I worry a little. Rebo made the point on the Nook Color Reviews thread in the News section that B&N is selling this machine at a pretty low margin and will definitely want to lock it down pretty tight and that really bothers me. I think it looks like a great buy, but only if I get to run what I want on it. I'm going to want some other reader software.
The prospect of bricking a 250 machine and having no recourse is a deal killer.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote