View Single Post
Old 07-17-2009, 08:23 PM   #90
mgmueller
Member Retired
mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mgmueller ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 26 Readers, 44 Tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckrow View Post
I find it strange that more people don't mind about dictionaries. I often come across words I only half know the meaning of. Enervate for example. Sounds like it would be making you full of life but means the complete opposite. Things like that are great to look up so as to clear up misunderstandings straight away.
I've been reading ebooks since I had a Palm V and when I got the ereader Oxford Dictionary I quickly became used to being able to tap a word for its definition.
I love ebooks as I am mildly dyslexic so having large print and only a few words at a time means I don't reread the same line endlessly and the whole thing works better.
Touch screen lookup would be great but screen size doesn't matter so much. 6" eink screens are a great improvement on the Palm V. I am 10 years older now and appreciate the lessened eye strain.
Does the iliad support tapping on a word to access it in the dictionary?
"Does the iliad support tapping on a word to access it in the dictionary?"
Yes. You tap the word, iRex shows the various dictionaries, which contain the respective word. You choose a dictionary by tapping it, iRex opens it. You can go back to the overview of dictionaries or the book you've read.
LOVE the multi-dictionary support.
On Pocket PCs, I've used dictionaries very often. When not reading in English (native German) on a regular basis, my English get's a bit "rusty".

Last edited by mgmueller; 07-17-2009 at 08:34 PM.
mgmueller is offline   Reply With Quote