View Single Post
Old 07-01-2003, 07:46 PM   #6
gvtexas
Addict
gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.gvtexas knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Clie TH55
Quote:
However, this site won't become a broader community discussion group without more broadly appealling content. Limiting registered users' access to the core content will just cause folks to leave and new sites to spring up. By limiting such access, you greatly reduce the value of the site to the community. Does that sound like a good idea to you?
Well, your first part does!

I certainly see your point, and if we were hard or harsh on the limiting, I'd agree in toto. We are, however, pretty soft on the entry requirements. And, as Alex has said, it was an experiment. Whether he decides to keep the restriction going will remain to be seen.

We are, as you may have noticed, trying to expand the content to cover a broader range of things...the niche market's covered, but we feel like this forum could be a lot more (hey, maybe we're just bored and want the expansion!). Maybe the rightful place for turcic.com is just for the mobile content. Dunno the right answer. PDABuzz dominated the PDA forum scene for a long time (it's where I hung out most), then things changed. Don't know if there's room for another multi-topic site or not.

Thanks for your thoughts, and hope you post here more often.

Cheers,
Gary
gvtexas is offline   Reply With Quote