View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 09:59 AM   #8
wallcraft
reader
wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wallcraft ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kobo Glo HD
I am not a lawyer, but I think there may be a legal distinction between selling a device (ebook reader) and its contents and just the contents. If Sony or Amazon sells a Reader to someone in a country, then the associated ebooks are going to that country and they can probably be sued in that country. If FictionWise sells an ebook, who knows where it ends up and perhaps FictionWise would have to get sued in the US if (say) a UK publisher objected to Fictionwise selling to UK or Canadian residents. Or am I completely off base? I'm sure FictionWise would tell you that all their sales occur in the US, and it is the location of the store that matters. After all, physical bookstores don't refuse sales to foreign credit cards.
wallcraft is offline   Reply With Quote