View Single Post
Old 06-13-2008, 09:05 AM   #6
Barcey
Wizard
Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barcey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O / Aura HD / Glo / iPad3
Sony is big on regional DRM on DVD's so it makes sense that they're careful about enforcing the regional publishing rights on e-books. I wish that electronic publishing would be treated separately and you would have a world wide right. I've run into the same thing purchasing audio books from Audible.

I suspect that the regional publishing rights issue was why Amazon decided to come out with a separate format for the Kindle rather then just using Mobipocket. It might be one of the reasons anyway.
Barcey is offline   Reply With Quote