View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #1
ziegl027
Addict
ziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-booksziegl027 has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony Touch, Kindle DXG
Should I intentionally drain the battery now and then?

So, I've had my 600 for about a month now. I've yet to drain the battery all the way, and I haven't intentionally "charged" it since I got it out (and didn't give it the full recommended time then!). I've just plugged it in from time to time to transfer data, sometimes it gets left hooked up for a while while I futz with Calibre or soPDF or something. So it's spent most of its life between one and three "bars" worth of charge. It ALMOST drained all the way when I was on vacation in Phoenix and wasn't doing a lot of transfers, but it was right before we took a little "subvacation" where I wouldn't have the ability to charge it and didn't want it to run out on me, so I went ahead and charged it for an hour or two before we left.

I've been led to understand that it's good for a rechargeable battery to be fully drained and fully recharged now and then. But how often? If I want to intentionally drain it, what's the best way?
ziegl027 is offline   Reply With Quote