View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 02:26 PM   #28
faithbw
Guru
faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.faithbw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Mini 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by samhy View Post
I agree that it's witty and I was surprised by that given the century it was written (well, I used to think that way, I don't anymore ).
That is a great book and I wish it will still be read for years and years!
Most of Austen's books are witty. That's one of the great features of her writing. P&P is my second favorite Austen novel (behind Persuasion).

Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
I have enjoyed the movie versions of P&P as well.

I would recommend them all as most are very well done and I can't sort them out, off the top of my head right now.
My personal favorite is the '95 BBC version. I just adore it! The 1980 BBC version is good too. It's probably closer to the book than other versions. However, some fans consider it a little stilted. I think the worse one is the 2005 version with Keira Knightly. So many Austen fan consider that movie an abomination. The cinematography is wonderful but the film honestly has more of a Bronte feel than an Austen feel.

Last edited by faithbw; 01-25-2013 at 02:28 PM.
faithbw is offline   Reply With Quote