View Single Post
Old 12-23-2009, 01:17 PM   #35
Amalthia
Wizard
Amalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beautyAmalthia does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505, PRS-650, PRS-T3, Pocketbook HD2
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post

However, I'm average, just average. High school education, blue collar jobs all my life, no true 'vocation'. I've learned thru the kindness of strangers (thanks, MobileRead!) and by my mistakes.....

!
DG, my grandmother also only had a high school education but she's very well read and intellegent. I think many people within a certain age range only have a high school degree because college wasn't pushed heavily until the 70s? with all the vets getting the GI Bill.

I also think at one point High School was the equivalent of what a college degree is today.

College does not necessarily equal intellegence because really college is easy, you just have to do the work and show up for class. Oh and you have to have money.
Amalthia is offline   Reply With Quote